Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Fruits of Apostacy

I got a paycheck yesterday for the first time in a very long time.  So, as you can imagine, I was super excited when I opened it.  But as I looked at the number, I had this nagging feeling that I was forgetting something.  Like that wasn't the real amount of money.  Taxes were automatically deducted, telling myself I would put some in savings didn't get rid of the feeling... Did I owe someone money? Then it hit me: TITHING.  The last time I had a job, I was Mormon.  Every time I got a paycheck, my mind would automatically subtract 10%.  I didn't even think about keeping that money--it was a given.  Now it's like a bonus not to donate to the GA's income.
Being an apostate is more fun than I thought!

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. I hope, though, that you still see the value of charitable giving, even if you don't see the LDS church as an institution worthy of receiving it.

    ReplyDelete