Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BLESSINGS!!!

Apparently the BYU people put the guilt lessons into overdrive during finals week.  Yesterday the bishop talked about how we need to go to church, do our visiting/home teaching, and go to family home evening especially when we're stressed out about schoolwork.  Because, you know, blessings.
Obviously I just rolled my eyes and ignored this advice, given that I'm a heathen and all.  I totally DIDN'T go to family home evening last night.  I was about half an hour away from finishing my term paper, and I didn't want to lose the momentum.   Plus a weird guy was planning the activity.

My super cool roommate, whom I'll call "Gwen," didn't care, but I did get this text from a boy whom I have named "Eugene." Cuz he's a dork.

Eugene: You won't recieve blessings if you dont come to Fhe. Dont you want blessings.

Me: Thank you for your concern, but I will receive the marvelous blessing of finishing my research paper and not having to play whatever awkward game Hau planned."

Eugene: Whatev.

But seriously, why is family home evening so critical to my eternal salvation?  The only remotely spiritual thing we do is listen to a verse from the scriptures and a one-sentence summary given by a nervous person who just wants to sit down and be done.  Then we play Simon Says or whatever, and then we eat cupcakes.   God blesses me for this?  I could understand church, if you believe in that kind of thing, but game night? 

Besides, my blessings are my business.  No need to interrupt my obviously important homework.

1 comment:

  1. Um yeah, I hated FHE. Completely pointless, awkward waste of time. I quit going once I wasn't living with my cousin/FHE mom anymore. Love her, but she totally guilted me into going.

    Quit giving out your cell number to these peeps.

    ReplyDelete